Florida Fish and Wildlife to Hold Goliath Grouper In-Person Workshops In Titusville Oct. 10
By Space Coast Daily // October 8, 2017
online workshops also available
ABOVE VIDEO: Capt Blair Wiggins is fishing for big jack crevalle, big goliath grouper and big bonito on Florida’s Space Coast with Capt Jim Ross.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA (FWC) – The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will hold a workshop Oct. 10 in Titusville to continue gathering public input on the management of goliath grouper.
The FWC is seeking input on goliath grouper management, including the possibility of a limited harvest in Florida state waters, and will host several in-person workshops scheduled across the state in October.
The workshop Oct. 10 in Titusville will be held at the American Police Hall of Fame & Museum, located at 6350 Horizon Drive.
A total of 16 in-person workshops will be held altogether, including workshops held previously in July and August.
For those who missed a workshop in their area or cannot make an in-person workshop, an on-demand virtual workshop is available. This newly-added online feature can be found on the public workshops webpage at MyFWC.com/Fishing by clicking on “Saltwater Fishing,” “Public Comments/Workshops” and “Workshops.”
Once you’ve viewed the workshop, you can take a workshop survey, which is identical to a survey given at the in-person workshops. Additional written comments may be submitted online at MyFWC.com/SaltwaterComments.
Upcoming in-person workshops are scheduled as follows (scheduled 5 to 8 p.m. local time, except for Tallahassee):
• Oct. 9: Jacksonville, Pablo Creek Regional Library, 13295 Beach Blvd.
• Oct. 10: Titusville, American Police Hall of Fame & Museum, 6350 Horizon Drive.
• Oct. 11: Stuart, Flagler Place, 201 SW Flagler Ave.
• Oct. 12: Davie, Old Davie School Historical Museum, 6650 Griffin Road.
• Oct. 16: Pinellas Park, Bill Jackson’s Shop for Adventure, 9501 U.S. Highway 19 N.
• Oct. 17: Port Charlotte, The Cultural Center of Charlotte County, 2280 Aaron St.
• Oct. 18: Naples, Collier County Public Library – South Regional, 8065 Lely Cultural Parkway.
• Oct. 25: Tallahassee, FWC Bryant Building, Room 272 (enter on the east/Cascades Park side of the building), 620 S. Meridian St. (6-9 p.m. ET).
Workshops were held in July and August in Lake Worth, Key West, Marathon, Key Largo, Crystal River, Carrabelle, Pensacola and Panama City.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS