FRESH FROM FLORIDA VIDEO RECIPE: How To Prepare Florida Roasted Vegetable Ratatouille
By Fresh From Florida // November 13, 2017
most Florida produce available October to June
FRESH FROM FLORIDA VIDEO RECIPE: How to prepare Florida Roasted Vegetable Ratatouilleted.
FRESH FROM FLORIDA— Florida farmers make it easy for everyone to eat fresh produce year-round. Due to the milder climate in the Sunshine State, fruits and vegetables grown in Florida are generally available earlier than those produced in other states.
In fact, most of Florida’s produce is available between October and June.
This allows you to enjoy fresh Florida tomatoes, oranges, bell peppers, strawberries, snap beans and squash during the winter months, and fresh Florida blueberries, sweet corn and watermelon in late spring.
Seafood and shellfish caught in Florida’s waters are available year-round.
So enjoy the bounty that Florida has to offer – and for delicious dishes, check out our “Fresh From Florida” recipes created by Chef Justin Timineri, Florida’s culinary ambassador.
Chef Justin Timineri’s mission is to encourage everyone to rediscover fresh, healthy Florida cuisine.
- 1 Florida eggplant, large dice
- 1 Florida zucchini, large dice
- 1 Florida yellow squash, large dice
- 1 pint Florida cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-6 leaves basil, torn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prep all ingredients as stated above.
- In a baking pan add the cherry tomatoes, one tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper; mix to coat and set aside.
- In a separate baking pan, add all the remaining ingredients except the basil.
- Place both pans in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
- Remove the pans and combine ingredients into one bowl.
- Add torn basil leaves.
- Serve as a side or as an entrée over brown rice.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS