FRESH FROM FLORIDA RECIPE: Florida Sweet Corn and Ricotta Fritters
By Space Coast Daily // February 15, 2018
minutes to make, the whole family will love
ABOVE VIDEO: Florida Sweet Corn and Ricotta Fritters
FRESH FROM FLORIDA – Florida farmers make it easy for everyone to eat fresh produce year-round. Due to the milder climate in the Sunshine State, fruits and vegetables grown in Florida are generally available earlier than those produced in other states.
In fact, most of Florida’s produce is available between October and June.
This allows you to enjoy fresh Florida tomatoes, oranges, bell peppers, strawberries, snap beans and squash during the winter months, and fresh Florida blueberries, sweet corn, and watermelon in late spring.
Seafood and shellfish caught in Florida’s waters are available year-round.
So enjoy the bounty that Florida has to offer – and for delicious dishes, check out our “Fresh From Florida” recipes created by Chef Justin Timineri, Florida’s culinary ambassador.
Today’s recipe is the delicious Florida Sweet Corn and Ricotta Fritters. This is easy to make and the family will love it.
Florida Sweet Corn and Ricotta Fritters:
- 2 ears Florida sweet corn, kernels removed
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup self-rising unbleached or whole wheat flour
- Olive oil (for shallow pan frying)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl combine the corn, cilantro, ricotta, eggs, flour, and a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Add a small amount of olive oil to the pan, cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with low-fat sour cream if desired.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS