How to Pack Your Books When Moving to a New Place
By Space Coast Daily // February 21, 2018
pack everything correctly, let the movers do the job
Should you take all your books when it comes to a moving? How should you pack them? Isn’t it a time-consuming process? Do you need some special kind of boxes for your library? Isn’t it too expensive? Don’t panic! Let’s figure everything out.
Having a big library shouldn’t stop you from moving to a new house. And we’re not talking about giving away or selling every book you have.
Just pack everything correctly and let the movers do their job. Aren’t planning to hire a moving service? This is probably a bad idea if you have a lot of books at home.
Why? Just imagine how much time you need to load all of those heavy boxes in a truck on your own. Don’t even try this. Let the professionals help you. Living somewhere in California? Then, look for the website https://movers.best/ in order to apply to one of the biggest local services in your area.
And now let’s come back to the library you have at home. How to prepare your magazines and books before the movers come?
How to Pack a Home Library
So, what is the safest and quickest way to pack books to protect them from any damage during a move?
- You’re going to need some packing materials: packing paper, tape, and marker pen;
- Line the bottom of the box with a few layers of packing paper;
- Assemble the books of similar size together;
- Place them lying flat on the bottom of the box. In case you have some very old or leather covered books, wrap them with an additional layer of packing paper. You can always check how the professional movers and simple customers do it, on yelp.com, where thousands of reviews and recommendations are gathered;
- Keep going, and fill the box until it is nearly full. But make sure it is not too heavy;
- Use extra packing paper to fill any gaps between the books inside the box. Make everything nice and secure. Don’t leave any spot spaces at all;
- Close the box, tape it, and make a label with a colorful marker pen.
That’s all for the books and magazines.
But remember that packing the books of different sizes in one box is a huge mistake. Sometimes you can alternate layers, but never place the books in a chaotic way. Try what is going to work for you best. And never choose huge boxes trying to fit all your books in one place. This is not only to heavy but also too risky. The bottom of the box can simply open up.
As you can see, there is no need to give away your library only because you’re moving to another place. Smart packing and professional help is everything you need to be sure that the books you have will be safely delivered to your new house.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS