Florida Tech Listed As Top 5 Percent University By Latest World University Rankings
By Florida Tech // June 1, 2018
Florida Tech ranked No. 912 out of 18,000 universities/colleges worldwide
BREVARD COUNTY • MELBOURNE, FLORIDA – Florida Institute of Technology is in the top 5 percent of 18,000 degree-granting institutions of higher education worldwide, according to the 2018-19 World University Rankings.
The comprehensive rankings from the Center for World University Rankings, considered the largest academic ranking of global universities, examined colleges and universities from around the world using seven criteria to develop its list.
The criteria are:
- Quality of Education, measured by the number of a university’s alumni who have won major international awards, prizes, and medals relative to the university’s size.
- Alumni Employment, measured by the number of a university’s alumni who have held CEO positions at the world’s top companies relative to the university’s size.
- Quality of Faculty, measured by the number of academics who have won major international awards, prizes, and medals.
- Research Output, measured by the total number of research papers.
- Quality Publications, measured by the number of research papers appearing in top-tier journals.
- Influence, measured by the number of research papers appearing in highly-influential journals.
- Citations, measured by the number of highly-cited research papers.
Florida Tech was ranked No. 912 on the 2017 World University Rankings, or in the top 5 percent of the 18,000 ranked global universities.
The rankings measure the quality of education and training of students as well as the prestige of the faculty members and the quality of their research – without relying on surveys and university data submissions.
The top university was Harvard, and the list also included international standouts such as the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom and the Sorbonne in France.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS