Pizza Gallery & Grill at The Avenue Viera Offers Special Blended Burger Through July 31
By Space Coast Daily // June 10, 2018
delicious, healthier and more sustainable burger
BREVARD COUNTY • VIERA, FLORIDA – Pizza Gallery & Grill is participating in The James Beard Foundation’s Blended Burger Project, a nationwide initiative that challenges chefs to make a “blended burger” by blending ground meat with finely chopped mushrooms to create a delicious, healthier and more sustainable burger.
Chef Kyle Hash has chosen to feature his “Just Peachy” burger to showcase a healthier burger through July 31. Blending meat with mushrooms reduces calories, fat, and sodium while adding important nutrients like vitamin D, potassium, and B vitamins.
A blended burger also brings more sustainable, plant-based items to menus allowing Americans to enjoy the taste and flavor of the burgers they love, knowing it’s a healthier and more sustainable preparation.
Diners can vote and support the Blended Burger Project:
• Visit jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject to view the gallery of blended burger photos, and cast your vote for the blended burger that best represents the most creative use of mushrooms, best flavor profile, and most appetizing appearance
• You can also visit a participating restaurant until July 31 and ask for the “blended burger.”
• Post your burger photos to social media with the hashtag #blendedburgerproject to spread the word!
JUDGING: In August, a prestigious panel of judges on behalf of the James Beard Foundation will review 20 restaurants receiving the most votes to select the five top winners, based on the most creative use of mushrooms, best flavor profile and presentation.
• Andrew Zimmern, TV personality, chef, writer and teacher
• Antoinece Bruno, CEO and Editor in Chief, StarChefs.com
• Susan Westmoreland, Culinary Director, Good Housekeeping
Chefs from the top five restaurants will win a trip to New York City to cook their blended burger dish during a special fall event at the historic James Beard House.
Visit jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject for a list of participating restaurants and follow #blendedburgerproject on Facebook, Twicer, and Instagram.
The James Beard Foundation’s mission is to celebrate, nurture, and honor chefs and other leaders making America’s food culture more delicious, diverse, and sustainable for everyone. For more than 30 years the Foundation has accomplished this mission through programs that highlight food’s central role in our lives.
Pizza Gallery & Grill is located at The Avenue Viera at 2250 Town Center Avenue.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS