AAA GAS REPORT: Florida Gas Prices Drop Five Cents During the Past Week, Average of $2.84 Per Gallon
By AAA // July 25, 2018
FLORIDA GAS PRICE IS NINE CENTS LESS THAN NATIONAL AVERAGE
(AAA) – Gas prices in Florida dropped 5 cents during the past week, with the average price for gasoline in Florida averaging $2.75 per gallon. Sunday’s state average is 3.5 cents more than a month ago, 55 cents more than this time last year.
Click here to view AAA’s state and metro gas price averages.
- The most expensive gas price averages in Florida are in West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($2.86), Miami ($2.82), and Crestview-Fort Walton Bech ($2.82)
- The least expensive gas price averages in Florida are in Punta Gorda ($2.66), Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater ($2.70), and Orlando ($2.70)
|Average Summer Gas Prices|
The national average declined 4 cents during the past week. Sunday’s average of $2.84 per gallon is 2 cents less than a month ago, yet remains 56 cents more than last year.
“Oil prices averaged $3-$5 less than the previous three weeks, allowing gas prices to lose value,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group.
“Although prices are lower, there is still volatility at the pump as gasoline demand remains high during the summer driving season and global supply concerns persist.”
Market prices were mixed last week due to higher oil production and supplies versus lower gasoline stocks in the face of strong demand. The latest supply report from the Energy Information Administration (EIA) showed U.S. crude production finally reached the much-anticipated 11-million-b/d mark.
Conversely, gasoline stocks dropped as demand ramped up.
Gas Price Tools
- GasPrices.AAA.com – Daily national, state, and metro gas price averages
- AAA Mobile app – Free app that compares gas prices near you
- Gas Cost Calculator – Determine how much gasoline will cost on your next road trip
CURRENT AND PAST PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Highest Price on Record|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS