2018 Lionfish Challenge Update: 14,602 Lionfish Removed, Plenty of Prizes Remain
By Florida Fish & Wildlife // August 11, 2018
prizes up to $5000.00 remain, over 14,000 lionfish removed
FLORIDA – The Lionfish Challenge has less than a month to go (last day to submit is Labor Day, Sept. 3), but there is still plenty of time to earn prizes or find an FWC-tagged lionfish, worth up to $5,000.
To learn more about where our tagged lionfish can be found, keep reading.
Our harvesters are doing great, but there are still tagged lionfish to be found on both the Atlantic and Gulf coasts.
Find your tagged lionfish (worth up to $5,000) today off one of these counties: Bay, Duval, Escambia, Franklin, Martin, Miami-Dade, Okaloosa, Palm Beach, Pinellas, St. Johns and Volusia.
As of this week:
- 678 people have registered.
- 137 people have submitted lionfish (119 recreational, 18 commercial)
- 14,602 lionfish removed
- 54 tagged lionfish removed (six in the Atlantic and 48 in the Gulf)
Recent Tagged Lionfish Winners
- Aug. 4, Franklin County: Grayson Shepard of Apalachicola, GoPro Hero5 Camera.
- July 20, Bay County: Marcus Dabai of Panama City, $500.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS