CAREERS: Titusville Fire Department Looking for Motivated Individuals to Join Over 100-Years Worth of Firefighting Tradition
By Space Coast Daily // August 4, 2018
job posting ends August 31, 2018
ABOVE VIDEO: The Titusville Fire Department is looking for motivated individuals to join the team and become a firefighter/paramedic.
BREVARD COUNTY • TITUSVILLE, FLORIDA – The Titusville Fire Department is looking for motivated individuals to join the team and become a firefighter/paramedic.
If you want to be a part of more than 100 years of tradition, doing the greatest job in the world, then check out the information below and click on the appropriate links.
The job posting ends August 31, 2018, so be sure to apply today if you’re interested.
Starting pay for the Firefighter/Paramedic position is $38,458, which includes a $2,000 Paramedic incentive pay with a $4,500 increase when the Paramedic achieves solo status.
This is a responsible and skilled position which requires the ability to perform specialized work as an individual and/or team member in fire suppression, emergency medical services, fire loss management and other diversified emergency activities.
Operates specialized equipment and participates in fire suppression and emergency medical operations and related diversified emergency activities.
Participates in mandatory physical training program and evaluation as prescribed by the department physician in order to maintain the required state of physical condition as prescribed by department policies, utilizing department physical training program.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate or equivalent is required.
***Applicants must provide, at the time of application, copies of the following documentation:
- Valid Florida driver’s license – Class E
- Current valid State of Florida Minimum Fire Standards Certificate of Compliance
- Current valid state of Florida EMT or Paramedic certification
- EMTs: current valid AHA / CPR HealthCare Provider or its equivalent
- Paramedics: current valid AHA / CPR HealthCare Provider or its equivalent, and a copy of AHA/ACLS certification
- Copy of approved 16-hour emergency vehicle operations course certification (EVOC/CEVO)
- Veteran’s preference, a copy of form DD214
- Signed affidavit stating non-user of tobacco products***Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Must be able to meet the physical qualifications as defined by NFPA 1582.
An applicant’s permanent residence must be within a fifty-mile radius of the city of Titusville within six months of employment.
Click here for more information.
Click here to download the application.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS