Palm Bay Police Open Two Safe Exchange Zones For Residents, Equipped With Video Surveillance
By Space Coast Daily // August 6, 2018
ABOVE VIDEO: Palm Bay Safe Exchange Zone.
BREVARD COUNTY • PALM BAY, FLORIDA – The Palm Bay Police Department has opened two location in Palm Bay to serve as a “Safe Exchange Zone” for residents to utilize for child custody, private property and e-commerce transactions.
Residents can make exchanges in the two provided spaces found at the main Palm Bay Police Station located at 130 Malabar Rd SE, or at the Police Sub-Station located at 1575 Main St. NE.
These spaces are located in front of the buildings and the lots have video surveillance on at all times.
Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind when conducting such transactions:
– Only do transactions with local buyers/sellers
– Make sure a friend or family member is aware of the meet up details
– Insist on meeting in a public area like our safe zone
– Do not go into someone else’s house, and do not allow them into yours
– Complete the transaction during daylight hours
– Be extra cautious when buying or selling valuable items such as vehicles and jewelry
– Trust your instincts, if it sounds like a scam it probably is
– If somebody is not willing to come to the police department to do a transaction it is probably not a legitimate transaction
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS