Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Recovered Nearly $187,000 For Consumers in August
By Space Coast Daily // September 4, 2018
$2.6 million recovered last year
TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA – The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services recovered nearly $187,000 for Florida consumers during the month of August.
Last year, the department recovered more than $2.6 million of consumers’ money from moving companies, vehicle repair shops, pawn shops, health studios, telemarketers, sellers of travel and more.
During August, the department:
– Recovered $186,687 on behalf of Florida consumers
– Received 3,805 complaints
– Initiated 355 investigations
– Arrested 10 individuals
– Provided assistance to 21,739 consumers through the 1-800-HELP-FLA hotline, online chats and emails
– Added 10,911 telephone numbers to Florida’s Do Not Call List
As the state’s clearinghouse for consumer complaints, the department educates the public, investigates complaints and provides mediation on behalf of consumers.
The department’s call center is staffed with trained analysts who can respond to questions about programs and regulations under the department’s purview, provide information on a wide variety of topics or direct callers to the appropriate government agency.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS