Top Tip for Successful Content and Assignment Creation is to Structure Your Work
By Space Coast Daily // September 9, 2018
One of the greatest tips for successful content and assignment creation is structuring your work. The following are some proven tips to help you in this endeavor. If you are working on a school assignment, you can look for extra help by consulting an assignment expert.
Think about the main idea you plan on communicating for every paragraph. Write a clear sub-heading or topic to help the reader know what you plan on talking about. The main idea is usually more than part of the content you found when you were doing research. A good paragraph should be a point you want to make about the content or assignment you are doing.
In paragraph planning, you should consider:
- Describing effects and causes
- Solutions and problems
- Contrasting and comparing the views of different people or authors
- Listing a number of ideas or suggestions
Look at your map or plan and make a decision on the main concepts used to link different parts of your work. Is there an idea you keep seeing in various sections? If so, you can use it as a theme for linking ideas from one paragraph to another. Using linking words is a good way to signal your readers whether you are contrasting or comparing, or talking about similar ideas. The direction you are taking in your content needs to be very clear to the reader.
Different parts of the assignment
It is obviously different assignments will require different parts. However, there are some general principles that cannot be ignored. These principles are applied when you are writing sections such as the conclusion, paragraphs, body, and introduction. Make sure the question you are being asked is understood. This way, you can know the most appropriate way to structure your content.
Introductions are designed to offer general information on the subject. In most cases, they include:
- A main idea or thesis which is a response to the question
- An outline of the issues that will not be or will be covered in the assignment. It does not necessarily mean you need a detailed list of your ideas. An outline mainly provides a general overview of the areas you wish to explore
- General orientation, context, or a background of the subject to ensure the reader understands areas you are discussing
Writing the body:
One of the most important things to consider is the making of a point in each paragraph. The point should have a link to your thesis statement and outline. The argument you are planning on developing is a crucial consideration when writing the body. The argument is realized properly only when points are made and linked in and between paragraphs.
Writing the conclusion:
The conclusion, being the last part of your content, should be structured using:
- In general, terms, describe the most important linkage of ideas or the most important points you are making
- Avoid including new information. Such information may be a challenge finding references to back them up
- Finish with a suggestion, resolution, or comment for issues that may be addressed when there is future research of the topic
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS