WATCH: Rockledge High HELM Program Tours Port Canaveral Aboard Canaveral Cruise 1
By Space Coast Daily // September 27, 2018
Canaveral Cruises 1 is a 90-foot, 150 passenger cruise and tour vessel based at Port Canaveral
WATCH: As part of its HELM maritime study program, Rockledge High School students are taking a Port Canaveral harbor and U.S. Coast Guard Station tour aboard the Canaveral Cruise 1. Canaveral Cruises 1 is a 90-foot, 150 passenger cruise and tour vessel based at Port Canaveral between Fishlips and Rusty’s restaurants at 620 Glenn Cheek Drive.
BREVARD COUNTY • PORT CANAVERAL, FLORIDA – As part of its HELM maritime study program, Rockledge High School students are taking a Port Canaveral harbor and U.S. Coast Guard Station tour aboard the Canaveral Cruise 1.
Canaveral Cruises 1 is a 90-foot, 150 passenger cruise and tour vessel based at Port Canaveral between Fishlips and Rusty’s restaurants at 620 Glenn Cheek Drive.
The HELM maritime study program educates Brevard County students to enter the local and international maritime careers.
Rockledge High School has the full support of the Propeller Club of Port Canaveral as it continues to expand this unique program. The Propeller Club provides the HELM program with expert speakers, field trip opportunities and funds to expand our program activities!
HELM Maritime Studies Program Benefits
• Take field trips (at least 2 per year)
• Hear from industry-expert guest speakers
• Identify & plan for possible Maritime-related careers
• Learn practical Maritime skills including knot tying, rope handling, safety procedures, electronic systems, navigation, maritime rules and laws and port operations, and more.
• Get safety & first-aid training
• Learn teamwork and creative problem-solving skills
SPACE COAST DAILY TV: Canaveral Cruises 1, a 90-foot, 150 passenger cruise and tour vessel based at Port Canaveral between Fishlips and Rusty’s restaurants at 620 Glenn Cheek Drive, hosts an outstanding Wine Dinner voyage. Get tickets now for the next Wine Cruise before they sell out. Reservations are required. E-mail your ticket purchase request to email@example.com or call 321-783-4100.
Port Canaveral’s newest attraction has been freshly remodeled for your cruising comfort and features a full bar and lounge area, clean modern restrooms and a large activity and event room.
Canaveral Cruises 1 features an air-conditioned lounge and 2,500 square-foot event room that offers stunning panoramic views of Port Canaveral and other local sights.
The vessel also features an entertainment stage area that can include local talent such as DJ’s or small group live entertainment for your party event.
You can also enjoy the sunshine and cool ocean breezes on the spacious open decks featuring full walk around areas and outside seating. On Deck 3, which is a semi-private, you can lounge and sunbathe.
Wildlife & Harbor Cruises
• The 12-noon cruise arrives back to the dock at 2 p.m. This two-hour cruise features a tour of one of the most diverse commercial ports in the world. Port Canaveral is the second busiest cruise ship port in the World. Diversely the harbor teems with wildlife.
The cruise leaves the dock and cruises past the mega ships that are in port on that particular day. On any particular day, you will see the largest cruise ships in the world close up including Disney Cruise Line, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Carnival Cruise Line and Royal Caribbean.
See dolphins close up and personal throughout the cruise. Manatees can be spotted as they surface and throughout the harbor. The cruise then proceeds out to Jetty Park which is a landmark for Port Canaveral where you can see multiple species of sea turtles both large and small. The seabirds will be constant companions throughout the cruises with too many species to mention.
E-mail your ticket purchase request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 321-783-4100.
• The afternoon cruise departs at 3:30 p.m. and returns at 5:30 p.m. This is the same as the 12-noon tour but features the departure of the cruise ships of the day. The “parade” begins at 4 p.m. with a ship every 30 minutes until all have departed the port. Canaveral Cruises 1 will travel with the ships for a close-up view of this remarkable sight.
Private Charters For Every Occasion
Create your own private cruise. Schedule an evening or late night cruise for a very special occasion like family reunions, private parties, company parties, weddings, anniversaries, graduations and more.
You can create a theme of your own or just a cruise for no reason. Call 321-258-7466 for pricing and to reserve your date.
All cruises offer a cash bar with full liquor, beer and wine and soft drinks. Canaveral Cruises 1 offers a light menu or offers a choice of several local caterers.
CLICK HERE OR CALL 321-783-4100 FOR PRICING AND MORE INFORMATION
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS