UCF Knights Unveil New Space Uniforms For Game Against Temple On November 1
By Space Coast Daily // October 25, 2018
ABOVE VIDEO: 2018 UCF Football Space Game Uniforms.
ORLANDO, FLORIDA (UCF KNIGHTS) – The University of Central Florida was founded in 1963 as Florida Technological University, with the mission of supporting the growing United States space program at nearby Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
The motto, “Reach for the Stars,” represented the university’s promising aerospace education in engineering, electronics and other technological professions.
• The constellations used represent roads and buildings on campus at UCF, including Orion (the name of the road that circles Spectrum Stadium) with his club or sword drawn at Taurus the bull, the victim of Orion’s strike. Taurus represents the opponent and the conquered.
• The outline of the Arecibo telescope, the largest fully operational radio telescope on the planet – the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico is under UCF Management
• The flight coordinates “SS50 R-090/31 LC39A” that shows how the 50-yard line of Spectrum Stadium lines up on the exact latitude as Launch Complex 39A, NASA’s most historic launch pad, 31 miles to the east.
• A shape of the planet named after UCF (UCF1.01)
• The sleeves feature a large Pegasus constellation where the Pegasus logo would typically be on our uniforms.
The unofficial first mascot of UCF who first appeared on the 1968-1969 school handbook.
Although it has made appearances on special baseball and soccer uniforms in the past few years, this is the first time it will ever be worn on the football field.
The outline of the reflective numbers represents the colors of the sky and ocean off Cape Canaveral, FL.
Select shirts are available at both UCF Bookstores on campus as well as online at ShopUCFKnights.com
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS