CNN Sues Trump Administration For Pulling Jim Acosta’s White House Press Credential
By Fox News // November 13, 2018
CNN: revocation of these credentials violates CNN and Acosta’s First Amendment rights of freedom of the press
ABOVE VIDEO: CNN’s Chief White House Correspondent Jim Acosta’s press pass to access the White House was suspended “until further notice” Wednesday, hours after he engaged in a contentious back-and-forth with President Trump.
(FOX NEWS) – CNN filed a federal lawsuit against the Trump Administration on Tuesday demanding that the White House restore the press credential of star reporter Jim Acosta after it was suspended last week — but the Press Secretary Sarah Sanders called the move “more grandstanding from CNN.”
The White House yanked Acosta’s pass after he got into a contentious debate with President Trump and refused to give up a microphone as the entire press pool looked on. It was just the latest case of Trump clashing with Acosta, the White House correspondent for the network Trump regularly derides as a purveyor of “fake news.”
“The wrongful revocation of these credentials violates CNN and Acosta’s First Amendment rights of freedom of the press, and their Fifth Amendment rights to due process,” CNN said in a statement. “We have asked the court for an immediate restraining order requiring the pass to be returned to Jim, and will seek permanent relief as part of this process.”
CNN added that “the suit is specific to CNN and Acosta,” but said it could happen to anyone.
“If left unchallenged, the actions of the White house would create a dangerous chilling effect for any journalist who covers our elected officials,” CNN said.
CLICK HERE TO READ FULL ARTICLE ON FOX NEWS
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS