10 Signs You are Getting a Good Lawyer for Your Accident Injury Claims
By Space Coast Daily // January 7, 2019
The chances are, you may need a lawyer at some stage of your life. Many people consider getting a good lawyer as a worthwhile investment because it can yield a positive outcome.
However, it is not always easy to tell if you are getting a good lawyer. If you are interested in the signs of a good personal injury lawyer for your accident injury claims, please read on.
Here are 10 visible signs of a good personal injury lawyer:
- A good injury lawyer often offers No Win, No Fee services. According to a top workplace injury lawyer, if a lawyer is willing to work for you for free until they get you compensation, you can be assured that the lawyer is motivated to get you compensation.
- A good injury lawyer is not in a hurry to settle your case. A good lawyer will time your lawsuit appropriately, and only bring up the topic of settlement when the timing is right and aligns with your personal circumstances. I have seen so many people rushed into settle their claim, for much less than the fair amount. Why? There many reasons, lawyers who are rushing to get paid could be one of them.
- A good injury lawyer respects your time. If a lawyer calls you every two seconds and invites you for chats on a regular basis when there is really no point to do so, you should stay away from them. Why? This could be the billable hour talking. You see, many lawyers charge based on time spent. And, calling you to check up is a billable event.
- A good injury lawyer will have their clients stand by them. If a lawyer has tonnes of good reviews on multiple websites, it is generally a good sign. However, please be sure to check all reviews, and make sure the reviews are all authentic reviews.
- A good injury lawyer often gets recognized by their industry peers. How do you know if they are recognized by their peers? Easy, search for their website, or call up your local law society.
- A good lawyer will be transparent of their fees. No Win, No Fee is very common practice for personal injury law firms. However, their actually many variations of No Win, No Fee agreement. A good lawyer will go over the agreement with you until you are fully clear about the terms of engagement. Some law firms, like Foyle Legal, even offer cool off periods after signing the agreement.
- A good lawyer is someone you can talk to. If you found it difficult to communicate with your lawyer, it is not a good sign. You should consider engaging someone you are more comfortable with.
- A good lawyer takes you seriously. Unlike many insurance companies, getting through to the right person is like going through an obstacle course. You get transferred from one person to another, a good lawyer should get your questions answered with minimum transfers and wait time.
- A good lawyer is a specialist in the area of law that you need. A lawyer who has been a lawyer for 40 years doesn’t necessarily be a specialist in the area of law, and in the jurisdiction that suits you. It is important that you ask your lawyer about their relevant years of experience in your jurisdiction.
- A good lawyer is passionate about your case. Have you ever talked to someone, and felt that they are not really listening to you? If you feel that your lawyer is not listening to you, this is a bad sign.
If you are seeking a good lawyer for a personal injury claim, you can begin by calling the prospective lawyer. Have a chat, and see how you feel about the person you talk to. Remember, a good lawyer is a good investment.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS