Health First Summer Student Nurse Internship Program Applications Now Being Accepted
By Space Coast Daily // March 6, 2019
Friday, March 15, is the deadline to apply
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Are you a student nurse or do you know someone who is?
Friday, March 15, is the deadline to apply for Health First’s Summer Student Nurse Internship Program for students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Health First nursing interns can participate in patient care in a clinical area and collaborate with a professional nurse preceptor to provide evidence-based care.
Students will learn to enhance prioritization, critical thinking, organizational and time-management skills.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
This opportunity will allow interns to showcase their professionalism and enthusiasm, potentially leading to a career with the Health First nursing team. This is a paid internship.
Located in Brevard County on Florida’s Space Coast, Health First is a not-for-profit Integrated Delivery Network (IDN), providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical care, the area’s largest physician group, wellness services and health insurance plans.
Health First’s hospitals are Cape Canaveral Hospital, Holmes Regional Medical Center, Palm Bay Hospital and Viera Hospital.
To be accepted, candidates must:
▪ Be a student enrolled in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program who has completed his or her junior year by June 2019
▪ Have completed two clinical rotations
▪ Commit to working full time, as per preceptor’s schedule (up to 40 hours per week)
▪ Hold a current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification
▪ Submit an application online, as well as a:
▪ Letter of recommendation from a nursing faculty member
▪ Essay of 250 words or fewer about why the applicant wants to intern at Health First and how he or she will contribute to the patient experience
Please visit HF.org/intern for more details about these requirements.
▪ Deadline to apply is Friday, March 15, 2019
▪ Internship is Monday, June 3, to Friday, July 26, 2019
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS