Space Coast Transportation Planning Organization Welcomes Chelsea Forgenie as GIS Analyst
By Space Coast Daily // March 16, 2019
recent Florida Institute of Technology graduate
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – The Space Coast Transportation Planning Organization recently welcomed Chelsea Forgenie to its team as the organization’s Geographic Information System Transportation Analyst.
Forgenie is a recent Florida Institute of Technology graduate. Her experience using GIS software began during her undergraduate studies while using GIS technology to advance sustainability initiatives on campus.
“I’m excited to join the SCTPO team and to provide support in data collection, spatial analysis, and mapping, for all modes of transportation that the organization oversees,” said Forgenie.
While pursuing her graduate degree in Computer Information Systems, she acquired firsthand experience building geodatabases, using spatial analyst tools, and experiencing the power of GIS software.
Her passion for GIS continued to grow while working on a project that focused on the analysis of road collisions in Brevard County.
The Space Coast Transportation Planning Organization provides transportation planning services for the Palm Bay-Melbourne andTitusvilleurbanized areas, as designated by the U.S. Census Bureau. The SCTPO coordinates transportation plans for the area’s local jurisdictions and transportation authorities including:
- One county: Brevard County Board of County Commissioners
- Brevard County Demographic Profile
- Sixteen cities and towns: Cape Canaveral, Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, Grant-Valkaria, Indialantic, Indian Harbour Beach, Malabar, Melbourne, Melbourne Beach, Melbourne Village, Palm Bay, Palm Shores, Rockledge, Satellite Beach, Titusville, and West Melbourne
- Two airports: Melbourne International and Titusville-Cocoa (TICO)
- One seaport: Port Canaveral
- One spaceport: Cape Canaveral Spaceport (Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station)
Transportation Planning Organizations were created by Federal law to review and administer all policies and procedures applicable for state and federal transportation funding.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS