C.A.R.E. To Present Brevard’s First Women’s Cancer Conference May 18 in Cocoa Beach
By Space Coast Daily // May 2, 2019
At the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Hotel
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – C.A.R.E. is proud to present Brevard’s first Women’s Cancer Conference on Saturday, May 18, which will focus on gynecological cancer.
This event will be held at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Hotel, with registration and breakfast at 7:15 p.m. and closing remarks at 5 p.m.
This conference is designed for survivors, their families, caregivers, physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and social workers and all others involved in the care of women with gynecologic cancer.
“We will come together for our Women’s Cancer Conference focusing on Gynecologic Cancer,” said Alice Spinelli, C.A.R.E Board President.
According to the Foundation for Women’s Cancer, in 2018 it is estimated 110,070 women will be diagnosed with a gynecologic cancer and some 30,440 (29%) will die from the disease.
“All of us who participate in this event are given an extraordinary opportunity to provide support and education to these women, their families, caregivers and the health care community who serve them,” said Spinelli.
“Working together we can empower women on their cancer journey and help reduce the impact of the disease that can be so devastating. Please join us and be part of something incredibly special.”
Become a sponsor and find the greatest reward in knowing you are helping to make a difference.
The Florida AHEC Network designates the conference for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits and this program meets the requirements for up to 6.5 CEU’s for Nursing, Pharmacy, Psychology, Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling.
PRESENTERS AND TOPICS
• Dr. Matthew P. Schlumbrecht, Associate Professor of Gynecologic Cancer, Co-Director of Cancer Prevention and Control, Division of Gynecologic University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
– Topic: Taking Control. Reducing the Risk of Gynecologic Cancer.
• Dr. John Bomalaski, Gynecologic Oncologist Health First Cancer Institute, Melbourne, Florida
– Topic: Gynecologic Malignancies and Complex Gynecologic Surgeries or Referrals
• Dr. Lauren Cobb, Assistant Professor Gynecologic Oncologist, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
– Topic: Current and Evolving Treatments
• Suzanne Schoenrock, ARNP UroGynecology, Viera, Florida
– Topic: Dealing with Bladder and Bowel Incontinence
• Dr. Lora Thompson, Psychologist, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida
– Topic: Mind, Body and Spirit – Integrative Medicine Approach to Supportive Care
• Dr. Michael McHale, Gynecologic Oncologist, Clinical Professor Division of Gynecologic Oncology, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center, La Jolla, California
– Topic: Ovarian Cancer Clinical Trials Review
• Dr. Grainger Lanneau, Gynecologic Oncologist Health First Cancer Institute, Melbourne, Florida
– Topic: Evaluation and Management of Pelvic Mass
• Dr. Sue Friedman, Executive Director, Founder F.O.R.C.E., Tampa, Florida
– Topic: Hereditary Cancers: Emerging Landscapes
• Kirsten Black, MS, CCLS, CPMT, Child Life Specialist, VITAS Health Care and Amanda Lifter, Family Member
– Topic: You Are Finished Treatment: What is the New Normal for Survivors and their Families?
Don’t miss the opportunity to attend the conference, register now. Registration closes May 10, 2019.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
SCHEDULE: Saturday, May 18
7:15 am – 8:15 am: Registration, Continental Breakfast, Visit with Exhibitors
8:15 am – 8:30 am: Welcome Comments
8:30 am – 10 am: General Session
10 am – 10:30 am: Networking Break and Visit with Exhibitors
10:30 am – 11:45 am: Workshops (Two options per track)
11:45 Am – 12 pm: Networking Break and Visit with Exhibitors
12 pm – 1:30 pm: General Session and Lunch
1:30 pm – 2:45 pm: Workshops (Two options per track)
2:45 pm – 3:15 pm: Networking Break and Visit with Exhibitors
3:15 pm – 4:45 pm: General Session, Panel Discussion
4:45 pm – 5 pm: Closing Remarks
6 pm – 8 pm: Survivor Party Online
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS