FRESH FROM FLORIDA: Prepare Delicious Stuffed Florida Zucchini and Yellow Squash Parmesan
By Space Coast Daily // May 20, 2019
vast majority of Florida’s 47,000 agricultural producers are small farmers
ABOVE VIDEO: Learn how to prepare stuffed Florida zucchini and yellow squash parmesan with Fresh From Florida’s ingredients and preparation tips. Through various social media platforms, the “Fresh From Florida” program promotes the wide array of products produced by Florida’s farmers, ranchers, seafood fishermen, aquaculturists and horticulturists.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Through various social media platforms, the “Fresh From Florida” program promotes the wide array of products produced by Florida’s farmers, ranchers, seafood fishermen, aquaculturists and horticulturists.
Below, learn how to prepare delicious stuffed Florida zucchini and yellow squash parmesan with Fresh From Florida’s ingredients and preparation tips.
• 2 medium Florida zucchini or large yellow squash
• 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
• 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 1 cup marinara sauce (your favorite)
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
• 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
• 2 tablespoons fresh basil or
• 1 teaspoon dried Olive oil for cooking
• Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut off the stem side of the zucchini or yellow squash. Cut zucchini or yellow squash evenly in half lengthwise.
• Using a small spoon, scoop out the seeds from each half to create room to hold other ingredients. Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
• Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the preheated pan. Season the zucchini or yellow squash with salt and pepper. Place the zucchini or yellow squash skin side up in the sauté pan and cook for about 2 minutes on both sides.
• Remove from pan and place on a cookie sheet skin side down. In a small mixing bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chopped basil and Parmesan cheese. Season ingredients to taste with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Evenly distribute the ricotta cheese and marinara sauce on top of the zucchini or yellow squash.
• Top the yellow squash and zucchini with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Evenly sprinkle the breadcrumb topping mixture on top of the zucchini or yellow squash. Bake the stuffed zucchini or yellow squash for 10 minutes or until topping is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve warm.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS