NATIONAL BARBECUE MONTH: Grill Masters Follow These Tips for Outdoor Barbecues
By Space Coast Daily // May 15, 2019
Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – With the official start of summer just around the corner, all Floridians and visitors are thinking about fun activities that include being outdoors in our great state.
This National Barbecue Month, plan family get-togethers, work luncheons or some quality time with friends while also remembering to practice grill safety.
The Florida Department of Health suggests that all grill masters follow these tips for outdoor BBQs:
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors;
- The grill should be placed away from the home or deck railings, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches;
- Children and pets should be at least three feet away from the grill area;
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease and fat buildup from the grates and trays below; and
- Never leave your grill unattended.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS