Questions To Ask the Best Real Estate Agents North York
By Space Coast Daily // May 10, 2019
When buying or selling residential or commercial real estate, the expertise and experience of a real estate agent are usually sought. While you pay commission to real estate agents, hiring one is highly beneficial and crucial to a successful real estate transaction.
With this, you avoid the most common mistakes associated with buying or selling a property to save time, effort, and money.
In this post, you’ll learn the most important questions to ask real estate agents so you can make an informed decision when it comes to real estate matters.
1. How long have you been in the business?
Many real estate agents learn by experience or doing the job. There’s no specific required college degree or licensing for real estate agents. Look for the best real estate agents North York with excellent training and specialized experience who can deliver high-quality and personalized service. Also, find real estate designations that specify the expertise or skills or a realtor.
Here are some of the common realtor designations real estate agents pursue:
- Graduate of the Realtor Institute or GRI Designation: It only shows that a real estate agent has taken initiatives to become a specialist. Courses included involve technology, transactions, and ethics. The education course time requirement is approximately 60 to 90 hours. A real estate agent with a GRI designation means you’re dealing with a genuine real estate professional.
- Licensed Real Estate Broker or LREB: A real estate agent with an LREB designation can work independently or open a brokerage. Expect to pay a higher commission to real estate agents with LREB designations.
- Accredited Buyer’s Representative or ABR Designation: A real estate agent is eligible to get this designation if at least five real estate transactions are closed. Choose a real estate agent with this designation if you’re planning on buying property.
2. How many of your clients are sellers and buyers?
Real estate agents have specialization by working with buyers or sellers. You can choose one who is specialized in handling a particular part of the real estate process you’re currently involved in, so you’ll be assisted in getting the right home loan or commercial loan.
However, it’s best if you can find someone who has experience in both services because even if you’re buying a home, the experience of a real estate agent who works with sellers will help you get you the right property based on your needs and requirements.
3. How many real estate transactions have you closed in my local area?
Micro markets exist in real estate property buying and selling. That’s why it’s essential to understand the factors surrounding different issues, like traffic patterns, development plans, historic district designations, and schools.
Look for a real agent who has a good track record of closing deals in your desired areas. Real estate agents who work in your desired area regularly would offer sound recommendations.
4. What are the marketing tools you use?
Gaining access to the marketing expertise of a real estate agent is crucial. That’s why it’s essential to know the sales strategies of an agent for your peace of mind and right planning.
For example, traditional tactics include preparing your property by doing maintenance and repair, and taking good photos of the property for listing purposes.
Here are some of the marketing tools real estate agents use when marketing properties:
- RealtyHop: It’s a sales website that helps you look for smart home investments.
- Social Media: It’s a great platform to list houses or commercial buildings for sale.
- Online Marketplaces: eBay is an excellent marketplace to list your property with the help of a real estate agent.
- Digital Marketing Strategies: Digital marketing includes all marketing activities involving the web or the internet. Many real estate agents also invest in creating a dedicated website for marketing properties. It’s a good idea to hire someone who has in-depth knowledge and technical expertise in digital marketing.
5. How will you get in touch with me to provide any updates?
Open communication is vital at all times. Tell your prospective agent the preferred method of contact you want to save you both time and effort. Check any electronic options other than text, email, or call. Is the real estate agent employed in a real estate company? Does the company have a website or chat support?
Asking the right questions would give you peace of mind to make a final decision when buying or selling your property. Don’t hesitate to ask any question that comes across your mind, regardless of how awkward it may be. The more you know about a real estate transaction, the better the choice you’ll make.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS