FRESH FROM FLORIDA RECIPE: Learn How to Make Tasty Florida Watermelon and Pork Lettuce Wraps
By Space Coast Daily // June 23, 2019
Fresh From Florida shows you how to make fresh Florida watermelon and pork lettuce wraps
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make fresh Florida watermelon and pork lettuce wraps. (Fresh From Florida video)
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make fresh Florida watermelon and pork lettuce wraps.
• 3 cups Florida watermelon, diced
• 1 Florida orange, segmented
• 1 Florida cucumber, diced
• 1 head Florida lettuce (butter lettuce or romaine)
• 1 pork tenderloin
• 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose seasoning (your favorite)
• 1 lime, sliced
• 2 scallions, sliced thin
• Oil for cooking
• Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
• Prepare watermelon, orange, and cucumber and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Tear lettuce into serving size portions and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Preheat large sauté pan over medium-high heat with one tablespoon oil. Season pork with 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning, salt and pepper.
• Place rosemary into pan and set pork over top. Sear pork on all sides, transfer to oven safe dish and finish cooking until an internal meat thermometer reaches 145 degrees
• Remove from oven, cover, and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes. Slice thin or dice small for lettuce wraps. Assemble by placing pork, watermelon, cucumber, and citrus segments into a lettuce cup.
• Sprinkle each with remaining all-purpose seasoning, squeeze fresh lime juice on top and garnish with scallions. Serve immediately.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS