What To Expect From A Hair Transplant Turkey Procedure
By Space Coast Daily // June 10, 2019
The majority of men and a small number of women will experience pattern baldness in their lives. Pattern baldness, nevertheless, is dictated by genetics when it comes to how much hair you’ll lose and when its onset will be.
One of the major issues with hair loss is that if not treated early, the more difficult it is to control and reverse the damage. If you engage in a treatment program when your hairline starts to thin out, there’s a higher chance that you’ll be able to regain your healthy and beautiful hair.
Hair treatments, particularly hair transplants, are a costly operation where a specialized surgeon makes a lot of small incisions at the front scalp, then gathers hair follicles from the back of the head and inserts them into the incisions made.
As for the price, it will depend on the amount of hair to be transplanted, but it can range from $4,000 to a whopping $25,000 in the USA. However, if you seek a more affordable procedure that only ranges from $600 to $2,000, you need to travel to Turkey where the hair transplant industry is a fast-growing business.
Experienced and specialized surgeons, cutting-edge technology, high-end facilities, and very affordable prices make Turkey a go-to destination for visitors and tourists worldwide for hair transplants.
Moreover, a hair transplant operation in Turkey is never just a minor medical procedure. In Istanbul, the capital city of Turkey, a lot of cosmetic surgery clinics, like Vera Clinic, offer a set of comprehensive package deals that may include all your accommodation, transportation, translation services, and follow-up check-ups after the procedure.
What to expect during your visit
Many hair transplant clinics in Turkey host a highly skilled team of doctors, nurses, and assistants who specialize in hair transplant procedures.
They have undergone intensive training and have extensive experience to provide top quality service among their clients. These clinics also use state-of-the-art medical tools and equipment.
Generally, the overall procedure starts with the initial consultation, wherein the following are determined in order to know if the patient is suitable for a hair transplant:
- If the patient is diagnosed with hereditary baldness
- If the patient has sufficient hair loss to warrant the hair transplant procedure
- If the patient has enough donor hair for the procedure
- If the patient has overall good health to undergo the procedure
- What the patient’s expectations are regarding the results of the surgery
The consultation also determines which type of hair transplant procedure is best performed on the patient.
There are two common hair transplant procedures, namely:
- Follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS) – The surgeon gets a strip of skin that’s 6 to 10 inches in size on the donor zone, which is at the back of the head or sometimes in the temple region. The skin strip will be set aside and preserved while sewing the exposed scalp. Next, the surgeon divides the skin strip into 500 to 2,000 grafts, each with individual hairs. On the patient’s scalp tissue, recipient zones are created using small needles or blades, which will serve as the repository of the grafts where new hair will eventually grow.
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE) – In this procedure, the surgeon will shave the back of the head. This will serve as the donor zone where the doctor will remove each of the individual hair follicles in the area. The extracted hair follicles in the donor zone will then be transplanted into the scalp area or the recipient zone, where they are expected to grow roots.
What to expect during the clinical procedure
Hair transplant treatments in Turkey last for a maximum of three days. Initially, a patient receives a short briefing on the procedure, and what to expect for any possibilities of any complications.
This way, both doctor and patient can clear any concerns and come to an understanding about all the steps required to achieve the best results.
For the surgery proper, you’ll first lay down on your side and shots of anesthetic will be injected appropriately at the back of the scalp. Depending on the type of hair transplant, the surgeon will extract and prepare the hair follicles or skin strip for transplantation.
Next, the surgeon cleans and numbs the area where the hair will be transplanted. Then using a scalpel or needle, the surgeon creates holes or slits, and places each graft into one of the holes.
The surgery procedure usually takes between six and ten hours in total, aided by a local anesthetic. However, it will take seven to ten days for a full recovery from the operation, and about eight to fourteen months to see the results.
What to anticipate after the procedure
After the surgery, you will feel that your scalp becomes tender. Antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, and pain relievers will be prescribed for you to take for a couple of days.
The surgeon will also prescribe the use of bandages over your scalp for a couple of days to prevent foreign matters from infecting the newly transplanted hair.
In about 2 to 3 weeks after the surgery, the transplanted hair will eventually fall out, but you need not worry as you will notice and feel new hair growth a few months thereafter. Majority of those who underwent a hair transplant have noticed new hair growth after 6 to 9 months.
Experiencing hair loss can be stressful and humiliating to some, if not all, and may even cause adverse effects on their self-image.
Fortunately, hair transplant procedures are proven safe and considered as a long-term treatment to a receding hairline and balding head. While it is purely a matter of choice, having your hair transplant procedure done overseas, particularly in Turkey, may just save you a lot of money.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS