Nearly 500 Florida Hotels Honored With AAA’s ‘Inspector’s Best of Housekeeping Award’
By Space Coast Daily // July 31, 2019
Orlando had the fourth-most award-winning hotels with 69 compared to any other city
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA (AAA) – A total of 485 Florida hotels received AAA’s new “Inspector’s Best Of Housekeeping Award,” the second-most of any state.
Orlando had the fourth-most award-winning hotels with 69 compared to any other city.
AAA’s “Inspector’s Best of Housekeeping” award winners are among the top 25 percent of all 27,000 AAA Inspected & Approved hotels.
Recipients receive the highest possible cleanliness and condition scores and range from a small inn or bed-and-breakfast to a sprawling resort or skyscraping city hotel.
“Cleanliness and physical condition are consistently among the most important components travelers consider when looking for a hotel,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group.
“This new designation identifies hotels with exceptional practices.”
To be considered, properties must:
- Undergo yearly unannounced on-site inspections by AAA professional inspectors.
- Demonstrate housekeeping excellence for two consecutive inspections and be free of AAA member complaints.
- AAA inspectors review for evidence of dirt, dust, pests, equipment performance and more.
- All AAA Inspected & Approved hotels at all Diamond Rating levels, throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, may qualify for the Inspector’s Best Of Housekeeping designation.
- AAA’s professional inspectors evaluate and rate properties year-round, so the total number of properties to achieve the Inspector’s Best Of Housekeeping award varies throughout the year. (All figures listed below are as of July 19, 2019.)
States with the Most AAA Inspector’s Best Of Housekeeping Hotels
- California (982)
- Florida (485)
- Texas (468)
- North Carolina (458)
- New York (406)
- Virginia (328)
- Pennsylvania (281)
- Tennessee (268)
- Maryland (238)
- Massachusetts (215)
Cities with the Most AAA Inspector’s Best Of Housekeeping Hotels
- New York, New York (161)
- Houston, Texas (90)
- Washington, D.C. (78)
- Orlando, Florida (69)
- Charlotte, North Carolina (68)
- Austin, Texas (63)
- Nashville, Tennessee (61)
- San Diego, California (60)
- Anaheim, California (50)
- San Antonio, Texas (49)
“The vast majority of AAA Inspected & Approved hotels fall in the middle, Three Diamond range, so those that earn the Inspector’s Best Of Housekeeping badge are a step above in a way that matters to today’s discerning traveler,” Jenkins continued.
About AAA Inspections
For more than 80 years, AAA has used professional inspectors to conduct in-person property evaluations.
AAA offers the only rating system using comprehensive, on-site professional hotel and restaurant evaluations guided by member priorities.
With a far greater inventory than any other rating entity, AAA’s rating system covers the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
The AAA inspectors who assign these ratings have a wide range of hospitality experience – their resumes include stints as hotel managers and food and beverage experts – that gives them an authoritative perspective.
Inspectors provide an unmatched first-person, on-site view of emerging trends, which includes the continuing evolution of technology to elevate the guest experience.
Travelers can find Diamond Rated hotels and restaurants and inspector insight in AAA’s trip planning products: the AAA Mobile app, the online AAA Travel Guides and TripTik Travel Planner and the AAA TourBook guides available to members at AAA offices.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS