FRESH FROM FLORIDA RECIPE: Learn How to Make a Delicious Dish of Florida Vegetable Pasta
By Space Coast Daily // August 19, 2019
Learn how to make a delicious dish of Florida vegetable pasta from Fresh From Florida
ABOVE VIDEO: Learn how to make a delicious dish of Florida vegetable pasta from Fresh From Florida.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Learn how to make a delicious dish of Florida vegetable pasta from Fresh From Florida.
• 4 large Florida tomatoes, diced small
• 1 Florida zucchini, diced small
• 2 Florida yellow squash, diced small
• 1 dozen Florida mushrooms, washed and sliced
• 6 ounces fresh Florida spinach
• 12 ounces whole-wheat penne pasta (or your favorite)
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 5 garlic cloves, chopped fine
• 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, or your favorite), chopped
• 1 lemon, juiced
• Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
• Olive oil for cooking Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
• Bring a medium stockpot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta to desired tenderness. Drain pasta let it cool completely. Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
• Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to preheated sauté pan. Add diced zucchini, squash, mushrooms and garlic to the preheated pan and cook for 2 minutes.
• Add the diced tomato, lemon juice and cream. Bring ingredients to a boil; add spinach and cooked pasta. Stir ingredients and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
• Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped herbs. Serve hot, garnished with lots of Parmesan cheese. Serve with herbed garlic bread.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS