FRESH FROM FLORIDA RECIPE: Learn How to Make Florida Mushroom, Shrimp and Grits With Bacon
By Space Coast Daily // September 24, 2019
delicious dish of Florida mushroom, shrimp, and grits with bacon
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious dish of Florida mushroom, shrimp, and grits with bacon.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious dish of Florida mushroom, shrimp, and grits with bacon.
• 1 pound medium Florida shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 cup Florida mushrooms, sliced
• ⅓ cup Florida green pepper, chopped fine
• 3-4 slices bacon
• 1 small onion, finely minced
• 1 large garlic clove, minced
• 3 celery sticks, chopped fine
• 1 sprig fresh thyme
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 cup half-and-half
• ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Dash hot pepper sauce
• 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
• 4 servings of grits (your favorite)
• Prepare grits according to package directions; set aside and keep warm. Fry bacon until crisp then remove from pan and set aside.
• Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat in the pan and add olive oil to bacon fat; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, celery, green pepper, thyme, bay leaf and mushrooms; saute until soft.
• Add shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through. Stir in cream, bacon, cayenne pepper, hot sauce and lemon juice; simmer until heated through. Remove bay leaf when ready to serve.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS