FRESH FROM FLORIDA RECIPE: Learn how to Make Florida Spiny Lobster Bisque
By Space Coast Daily // September 16, 2019
Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious seafood dish
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious seafood dish of Florida spiny lobster bisque.
• 1 ½ pounds cooked Florida spiny lobster meat
• 1 rib Florida celery, finely chopped
• 1 Florida carrot, finely chopped
• 1 Florida tomato, finely chopped
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 6 cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
• 1 bay leaf
• 8 black peppercorns
• ½ cup brandy
• ½ cup dry sherry
• 4 cups fish stock or bottled clam juice
• ¼ cup tomato paste
• ½ cup heavy cream
• 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons water
• Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
• Slice cooked lobster meat into medallions, reserving a few slices for garnish. Coarsely chop remaining slices; cover and chill. In a 6-quart stockpot sauté the vegetables, garlic, herbs, and peppercorns in oil over medium-high heat until soft. Carefully add the brandy and sherry; simmer until most of the liquid is evaporated.
• Add the fish stock and simmer uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Strain the stock into a large saucepan; discard remaining solids. Add tomato paste and simmer for 10 minutes until stock is reduced to 3 cups of liquid. Stir in cream and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
• Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl and whisk into bisque. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring, until slightly thickened. Add chopped lobster meat and simmer until lobster meat is heated through. Add salt and pepper. Serve garnished with reserved lobster medallions.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS