Heavy Rain from Hurricane Dorian’s Rain Bands Expected Through Early Wednesday Morning
By Space Coast Daily // September 4, 2019
Chance of precipitation is 80 percent on Wednesday
SPACE COAST DAILY TV HURRICANE DORIAN 11 P.M. TUESDAY UPDATE: Space Daily’s Chris Bonanno discusses the latest report by the National Hurricane Center on Hurricane Dorian as of 11 p.m. Tuesday.
NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER 11 P.M. UPDATE:
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Periods of heavy rain will continue Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, and the threat of tornadoes will continue as Dorian continues its march north this on Tuesday evening.
Late Tuesday night, Hurricane Dorian is moving to the northwest at 6 mph.
The Space Coast can expect tropical storm conditions to persist overnight along the coast with hurricane-force gusts possible along the coast.
Inland, tropical storm conditions are possible through the early morning hours of Wednesday and wind gusts of 40-60 mph are possible within rain bands tonight.
Stay informed on the latest updates and do not venture to the beach as dangerous crashing waves around 10 feet will make for life-threatening conditions in the water.
Here’s the NWS weather forecast for Brevard County through Sunday:
• Wednesday: Tropical storm conditions expected, with hurricane conditions possible. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 90. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
• Wednesday Night: Tropical storm conditions possible, with hurricane conditions also possible. A 20 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 74.
• Thursday: Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 95. West southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
• Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 76. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
• Friday: Sunny, with a high near 92. West southwest wind around 10 mph.
• Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 75. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
• Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Sunny, with a high near 90. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
• Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 75. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
• Sunday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Sunny, with a high near 91. South wind around 5 mph.
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 77. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
STAY TUNED TO SPACE COAST DAILY FOR UPDATES
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LIVE RADAR
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS