UCF GAME NOTES: University of Central Florida Knights to Take on FAU Owls on Saturday, Sept. 7
By Space Coast Daily // September 4, 2019
Knights ranked 17th in both Preseason AP Top 25 Polls
ORLANDO, FLORIDA – The UCF football team continues action this Saturday, Sept. 7, heading on the road to take on FAU. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. with coverage on CBS Sports Network and FM 96.9 The Game.
Date: Saturday, Sept. 7
Time: 7 p.m. ET
TV: CBS Sports Network
Radio: FM 96.9/AM 740 The Game
A UCF WIN WOULD…
• Be better than a loss
• Extend the Knights’ lead over FAU to 3-0 in the all-time series
• Increase UCF’s program-record road game winning streak to 10 games
• Give the Knights 33 wins as a ranked team
• Be UCF’s first in Boca Raton
|in Boca Raton:||n/a|
|in Orlando:||UCF, 2-0|
|at Neutral Location:||n/a|
|Last Meeting:||UCF 56, FAU 36: Sept. 21, 2018|
|Last FAU Win:||n/a|
ABOUT THE OWLS
• FAU is in its third season under head coach Lane Kiffin, who went 16-10 in his first two seasons with the Owls.
• The Owls opened up the 2019 season on the road at Ohio State, falling 45-21 to the fifth-ranked Buckeyes. Ohio State went up 28-0 in the first quarter.
• Chris Robison went 22-of-34 for 178 yards and a touchdown, while Larry McCammon scored the Owls’ only rushing touchdown.
• FAU gave up 469 yards of total offense to Ohio State, including 237 yards on the ground.
ORLANDO’S HOMETOWN TEAM NOTE
• The Knights were ranked 17th in both the Preseason AP Top 25 Poll and the Preseason Amway Coaches Poll prior to the start of the 2019 season.
• It marks the highest UCF has been ranked before the season, the second time being ranked prior to the season and the second straight year earning a preseason ranking.
• As it stands, UCF has been ranked in the Top 25 for 28 straight weeks, dating back to week 6 of the 2017 season.
The Knights have been in the rankings 40 times in total with the first being week 11 of the 2010 season. UCF’s highest ranking was six, the final ranking of the 2017 season.
piling up plays
• In the win over Florida A&M in week one, UCF recorded 94 plays on offense, something they didn’t accomplish in either of the last two seasons.
• The Knights had 42 first downs in the game, an American Athletic Conference record. It was only three first downs off of the NCAA single-game record of 45 (Texas Tech, 2003).
strong start to 2019
• The UCF defense looked impressive in the first game of the year, holding Florida A&M to just 96 total yards of offense, the lest amount of yards by a UCF opponent since allowing 50 to Tulane on Nov. 11, 2009.
• The Knights forced 13 punts by the Rattlers, which was a new program record for UCF.
• Winning 62-0, it marked UCF’s first shutout since Sept. 8, 2018, a 38-0 win over South Carolina State.
DID YOU KNOW?
The Knights have scored at least one rushing touchdown and one passing touchdown in each of their last 27 games, a streak that leads the nation by a wide margin.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS