Fresh From Florida: Make a Healthy Dessert of Florida Citrus and Yogurt Cake – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // October 19, 2019
Fresh From Florida Recipe
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious and healthy dessert of Florida citrus and yogurt cake.
• 2 Florida oranges, 1 zested and 1 sliced thin
• 2 Florida grapefruit, 1 zested and 1 sliced thin
• 4 Florida Key limes, 2 zested and 2 sliced thin
• 2 ½ cups Florida sugar
• 1 cup plain (whole fat) Greek yogurt
• 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
• 6 eggs, room temperature
• 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• Pinch of sea salt
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Zest 1 orange, 1 grapefruit and 2 Key limes into a small bowl and set aside. Slice the other half of the citrus into thin rounds and set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light, fluffy, and pale yellow in color. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, blending thoroughly after each egg.
• In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with the yogurt. Mix until combined, being careful not to over-work the batter.
• Gently fold in the citrus zest. Pour into a well-oiled bundt pan or two loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes.
• Using a plate or cake stand, place the sliced citrus around the outer edges, overlapping as you go. Gently unmold the cake and place on top of the sliced citrus. Serve warm or room temperature.