Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Zucchini-Ricotta Rollups – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // November 9, 2019
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious dish of Florida zucchini-ricotta rollups.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious dish of Florida zucchini-ricotta rollups.
- 2 large Florida zucchini or yellow squash, sliced thin lengthwise
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups marinara sauce (your favorite)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup fresh basil, hand torn
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Lay out all the zucchini and yellow squash slices on paper towels. Lightly sprinkle each side of the sliced zucchini and squash with sea salt.
- Let the salted slices sit for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes use another paper towel to soak up any liquid from the vegetables.
- In a small bowl combine the egg yolk, mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese and Italian seasoning. Season cheese mixture lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of the cheese mixture on one side of each vegetable slice. Roll each slice up carefully and place seam side down in a baking dish.
- Evenly add marinara sauce to the top of the vegetable rollups. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake in a 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Top with hand torn basil, serve warm.