UCF Knights Set Take On Tulane Green Wave on Saturday in New Orleans
By Dan Forcella – UCF Knights // November 19, 2019
UCF leads series with Tulane 6-2
SPACE COAST DAILY TV: The Friday Night Locker Room’s Steve Wilson and Space Coast Daily’s Chris Bonanno are LIVE at UCF as the Knights prepare to take on Tulane this Saturday.
ORLANDO, FLORIDA (UCF Knights) – The UCF football team is coming off of its second bye week with two regular-season games left to play. The Knights travel to New Orleans to take on Tulane Saturday at 12 p.m. ET with coverage on CBS Sports Network and FM 96.9 The Game.
Date: Saturday, Nov. 23
Time: 12 p.m. ET
TV: CBS Sports Network
Radio: FM 96.9/AM 740 The Game
Live Stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=270603
A UCF WIN WOULD…
• Be better than a loss
• Make the all-time series just 7-2 in favor of UCF
• Improve the Knights’ league record to 5-2
• Give UCF 33 wins in their last 37 games
• Mark UCF’s 39th since 2016, most in four-season span
Overall: UCF, 6-2
in New Orleans: Tied, 2-2
in Orlando: UCF, 4-0
at Neutral Location: n/a
Streak: UCF Won 1
Last Meeting: UCF 37, Tulane 6
ABOUT THE GREEN WAVE
• Tulane is in its fourth season under head coach Willie Fritz, how has totaled a 22-25 record in four seasons with the Green Wave.
• This season, Tulane is 6-4 overall and 3-3 in American Athletic Conference play, having defeated Houston, UConn and Tulsa, while falling to Memphis, Navy and Temple.
• Justin McMillan has thrown for 1,806 yards with 13 touchdowns, and rushed for a team-high 552 yards and 12 touchdowns this season.
• On defense, P.J. Hall leads the Green Wave with 55 tackles, while Patrick Johnson has a team high 7.0 tackles for loss.
ORLANDO’S HOMETOWN TEAM NOTE
ending in the american
• UCF was picked to win the American Athletic Conference by the polling media at this year’s American Kickoff in Newport, Rhode Island.
• The Knights have six conference championships in all since first joining a conference in 2002. Their four league titles since 2013 make them one of just four programs in FBS to achieve the feat (Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma).
big-time backfield depth
• UCF has four running backs who have made an impact in 2019 in Otis Anderson, Adrian Killins Jr., Greg McCrae and Bentavious Thompson.
• All four backs have carried the ball at least 60 times, have rushed for at least 400 yards on the ground, and have a yards-per-carry average of 5.6 or better.
• Anderson leads the way with 609 yards, while Thompson has the best yards-per-carry average of 7.4 and has the most rushing touchdowns (8).
• McCrae has been sidelined with a knee injury the last three games, but looks poised to make his return this week.
• Both Anderson and Killins have added touchdowns in the passing game as well.
getting down on third down
• The Knights’ defense has been impressive on third down this season, leading the conference and ranking seventh in the nation by holding opponents to converting just 28.6 percent of the time.
• UCF ranks 42nd in the nation in scoring defense and 34th overall in total defense.
• In the last game at Tulsa, despite the loss, the Knights only allowed the Golden Hurricane to convert three of their 15 third-down attempts.
DID YOU KNOW?
Dylan Barnas currently ranks 12th in the nation and second in the conference in field goal percentage, connecting on 9-of-10 field goals this season.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS