Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Cobb Salad – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // December 19, 2019
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida cobb salad.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida cobb salad.
- 1 head Florida romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ Florida avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 Florida tomato, sliced thick
- 1 Florida chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes (and skewered if desired)
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 2 boiled eggs, cut into quarters
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar (or your favorite sweetener)
- Oil for cooking
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Carefully place 2-3 pieces of chicken onto skewers, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Preheat a large sauté pan and add 1 tablespoon oil. Cook chicken for 6-8 minutes or until completely cooked through and set aside.
- Prepare vinaigrette by whisking together red wine vinegar, mustard, oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Compose salad by arranging the chicken, avocado, tomatoes, bacon, boiled eggs and blue cheese over the romaine lettuce.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and serve immediately.
- Fresh tip: Blue cheese can be swapped for cheese of choice.