Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Sweet Corn and Ricotta Fritters – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // December 8, 2019
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida Sweet Corn and Ricotta Fritters.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida Sweet Corn and Ricotta Fritters.
- 2 ears Florida sweet corn, kernels removed
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- ⅓ cup self-rising unbleached or whole wheat flour
- Oil for deep frying (neutral oil such as vegetable)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Add oil to a large (and heavy bottomed) pot and preheat on medium-high. *Do not overfill as oil will rise during frying. The oil temperature should reach 350-375 for proper frying, check temperature with food safe thermometer.
- In a medium bowl combine the corn, cilantro, ricotta, eggs, flour, and a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Allow batter to rest for 5 minutes before frying.
- Carefully add spoonfuls of the batter to the oil and fry for 2-3 minutes or until cooked all the way through. When done, remove from oil with slotted spoon allowing any excess oil to drain.
- Place on paper towel lined pan to cool. Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with low-fat sour cream if desired.