AAA: Florida Gas Prices Fall to New 2020 Lows, Brevard County Drivers Paying $2.40
By Space Coast Daily // January 28, 2020
Florida has 25th lowest state average at $2.45
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Florida gas prices have fallen to the lowest level so far this year. The state average dropped 8 cents last week and should slip even lower in the coming days.
Florida drivers are paying an average of $2.45 per gallon at the pump. The state average has declined a total of 11 cents in the past 10 days.
“It took almost the entire month, but gas prices are finally beginning to follow a more traditional trend of declining in January,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group.
“With the holiday travel season in the rear view and temperatures turning colder, Americans are not driving as much as they did a month ago. The lower demand has allowed gasoline stocks to swell. Wholesale prices have reached a low that – if they hold – could drag the state average below $2.35 in the next 10 days.”
Despite the recent decline, the state average remains 22 cents per gallon more than this time last year. The difference amounts to an additional $3 for a full 15-gallon tank of gas. That difference could soon begin to narrow as crude oil prices move more in line with last year’s levels.
Friday, WTI crude settled at $54.19 per barrel. The daily settlement is $4/b less than the week before and only 50 cents more than this time last year.
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($2.59), Sebastian-Vero Beach ($2.53), Port St. Lucie ($2.51)
- Least expensive metro markets – Punta Gorda ($2.36), Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater ($2.38), Pensacola ($2.38)
Fast Florida Facts
- Florida has the 25th lowest state average in the U.S. ($2.45)
- Florida had the largest weekly discount of any other state in the U.S. (8 cents)
- Florida drivers are now paying the lowest gas prices of 2020
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS