Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Grilled Florida Romaine Salad – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // January 23, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a tasty recipe of grilled Florida romaine salad.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a tasty recipe of grilled Florida romaine salad.
- 2 heads Florida romaine lettuce, split lengthwise
- 2 ears Florida sweet corn, cut off cob
- 1 pint Florida cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup plain yogurt (whole or skim)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fresh herbs (such as parsley and thyme), finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Oil for cooking
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl combine cheese, yogurt, vinegar, mustard, herbs, salt and pepper. Mix and adjust seasoning as needed. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat grill pan to medium-high. Brush both sides of lettuce halves and season with salt and pepper. Place on hot grill pan for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan add 1 tablespoon oil and sauté corn for 5 minutes or until corn starts to caramelize. Add tomatoes and cook a few minutes more. Spoon mixture over romaine halves and drizzle with yogurt dressing. Top with more cheese if desired. Serve warm.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS