Florida Tech Panthers Conclude 2020 Sunshine State Conference Swimming Championship
By Florida Tech Sports Information // February 17, 2020
NCAA Swimming Championships begins March 11th
CLEARWATER, FLORIDA – Florida Tech swimming concluded the 2020 Sunshine State Conference Swimming Championships at Long Aquatic Center. The women concluded the postseason competition with 268 points, while the men finish with 307.50 points.
• Savannah Brennan ended on high note earning third place in the 1650-yard freestyle. The sophomore recorded a B-time with a 17:01.19
• Nolan Kennedy placed 11th in the 200-yard backstroke with a time of 2:06.22 in the finals. Emily Swigart finished two spots behind Nolan with a time of 2:07.09.
• Nicole Rautemberg, Emma Oleniczak, Kennedy Nolan, and Savannah Brennan finished 4th in the 400-yard freestyle relay recording a time of 3:30.35.
• Daniel Aizenberg competed in the 100-yard freestyle and recorded a time of 45.94.
• In the 1650-yard event, Sam Hartle recorded a time of 16:09.48 to earn 14th place.
• Carlos Obregon and Nathaniel Allen registered a time of 1:51.35 and 1:55.00 in the 200-yard backstroke.
• Jose Coiman-Acosta had a great performance in the 200-yard backstroke finishing 5th with a time of 2:02.16. Dain Rust finished two spots behind Jose with a time of 2:04.42.
• Daniel Aizenberg, Kerry Ollivierre, Noah Emerson, and Joao Felipe Nascimento finished 5th in the 400-yard freestyle relay recording a time of 3:02.94.
The NCAA Swimming Championships will begin on Wednesday, March 11 and will end on March 14th. The championship will be hosted in Geneva, Ohio.