Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Flatbread with Tomatoes and Sweet Peppers
By Space Coast Daily // February 24, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a tasty dish of Florida Flatbread with Tomatoes and Sweet Peppers.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a tasty dish of Florida Flatbread with Tomatoes and Sweet Peppers.
- 1 large Florida bell pepper (red, yellow, green or ⅓ of all 3 colors), seeded and sliced thin
- 2 medium Florida tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 medium or 1 large baked flatbread or pizza crust
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (or your favorite)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, hand torn
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread olive oil and garlic evenly over the flatbread. Evenly distribute three-fourths of the two kinds of cheese over the flatbread.
- Evenly distribute the bell pepper and tomato over the cheese. Add remaining cheese to the top of the flatbread. Season the flatbread lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake flatbread on a cookie sheet for 7 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove flatbread from oven and garnish with the hand-torn basil.
- Cut flatbread into several servings and serve warm.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS