Fresh From Florida: Florida Snap Beans with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // March 30, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make Florida snap beans with caramelized onions and mushrooms.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make Florida snap beans with caramelized onions and mushrooms.
- 1 pound Florida snap beans, stems trimmed
- 16 large Florida button mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the preheated sauté pan. Add sliced onions to pan and cook them for 3 to 5 minutes until almost caramelized.
- Add the green beans and garlic to the pan and continue to cook ingredients for another 3 to 4 minutes until the green beans are almost to desired tenderness.
- Add mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and butter. Cook another 2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Remove from heat and serve warm.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS