Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Green Bean and Potato Salad
By Space Coast Daily // March 19, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida Green Bean and Potato Salad.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida Green Bean and Potato Salad
- 1 pound Florida green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 1 pound Florida potatoes, diced small and cooked
- 1 Florida bell pepper, diced small
- ¼ cup green onions, diced small
- 4 slices bacon, grease reserved
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning (your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place cooked potatoes and blanched green beans in a large bowl and set aside.
- Preheat large sauté pan to medium-high heat. Chop bacon into small pieces and sauté until ¾ way done. Add diced peppers and sauté until soft and bacon is crisp (do not remove bacon grease).
- Stir in garlic, Dijon, green onions, all-purpose seasoning, red wine vinegar, and cook for 1-2 additional minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Remove from heat, pour onto potatoes and green beans, and stir in fresh dill. Serve warm.
- Fresh tip: This salad can be served warm, room temperature, or even cold!
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS