Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Strawberry Pop Pastry – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // March 28, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida strawberry pop pastry.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida strawberry pop pastry.
- 2 ½ cups fresh Florida strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoon Florida sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 box pie dough, store bought
- In a small sauce pot over medium-low heat, combine 2 cups diced strawberries, corn starch, lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Cook, while stirring, until a sauce has formed, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Reserve ¼ cup of the strawberry mixture to make the glaze. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the pie dough and cut out 4 matching rectangles. In a small bowl mix the egg and water to create an egg-wash. Place an even amount of the strawberry mixture to the center of half of the rectangles, and do not overfill.
- Leave a clean edge around the dough to seal properly. Place another piece of the cut pie dough on top of the mixture and use the tines of a fork to seal.
- Transfer the pastries to a parchment lined cookie sheet. Use a pastry brush to apply a thin layer of the egg-wash. Sprinkle each pastry with the remaining sugar.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. In a small bowl mash the reserved berry mixture with a fork.
- In another bowl, add in 1 cup confectioners’ sugar and a small amount of the strawberry mixture, stir until completely combined. Adjust consistency with more confectioners’ sugar or strawberry sauce. Drizzle each tart with the glaze.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS