Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Sweet Corn and Sausage Stuffing – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // March 4, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make Florida sweet corn and sausage stuffing.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make Florida sweet corn and sausage stuffing.
- 1 ear Florida sweet corn, kernels removed
- 3 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 1 pound ground sausage
- ¾ cup carrots, chopped fine
- ¾ cup celery, chopped fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme, sage)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning (your favorite)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Preheat a large cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe pan) over medium-high heat.
- Brown sausage then add in corn, carrots, celery, onion, all-purpose seasoning, fresh herbs and sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into large bowl. Add crumbled cornbread and toss to combine.
- Add vegetable broth until mixture is moistened. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed before adding the beaten egg.
- Pour back into cast iron skillet and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS