How to Prepare Traditional Kratom Tea at Home
By Space Coast Daily // March 8, 2020
Kratom is quickly gaining fame in most markets around the world. It is used in similar ways to hemp, and many users seem to love it.
Although there are numerous ways to use kratom, making a tea out of it is one of the best and popular ways. Kratom is said to have many advantages for the average drinker, most of these are related to better health. However, it all depends on where you get your kratom powder and how well you prepare it.
The reason why its tea form is becoming more popular is that it retains all of its so-called medicinal properties without acidity or toxicity. Other than tasting much better.
There are different ways to brew your kratom tea. But it all depends on how much work you are willing to put into it, other than how it is stored and how strong you like your tea.
Before We Begin
Before reading the recipe, you must know some vital information.
Unlike the conventional tea making methods, you shouldn’t let the kratom powder boil with the water. As it doesn’t retain much of your kratom’s original alkaloid content.
What you can do instead is place the strain in the water when it is simmering, or simply allow the water to cool down before adding the kratom in it.
To get better results, you can make use of a lemon. You can squeeze an entire lemon and add its juice to the powder. Let the powder properly soak in the liquid before heating it.
How does that help? The acidity in the juice can keep the alkaloid content from decreasing. It’s all-natural and delicious.
You should also know that kratom will get stronger for as long as it is boiling, just like any other tea. The bitter taste will simply continue to get bitterer the longer it is steeping in the water.
If you are planning to keep some for later use, it can stay good for up to five days in the fridge.
Various Methods of Making the Tea
The entire process of making kratom tea is rather simple, and anyone without any prior experience can easily do the deed. But there are two different ways of making the tea. One would be the traditional way, while the other is more modern.
The traditional way involves putting the kratom powder in boiling water in a kettle and letting it be for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then the leaves are strained from the mixture and voila.
The modern methods involved kratom powder and water in a pot. Where it can be made easily by putting in a water pot for about 10 minutes and then straining it.
It all comes down to personal preferences. Some people like to have a strong flavor, while others prefer a rather mild taste to their tea. The secret is to look out for the color; the stronger the tea, the darker the color will be.
You can easily make it on your own by following these simple instructions.
Before starting the process, you will require the following:
• Kratom powder
• Put one and a half cups of water in your kettle. Bring the water to boil.
• Add you preferred kratom powder directly into the kettle filled with boiling water.
• At this point, you should lower the heat slightly. Then, allow the mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes.
• This stage is the most important one. According to your desired flavor requirements, keep a lookout for the change in color. The mixture will turn to yellow and quickly get to a deeper orange. You should consider removing the kettle from the heat at that point unless you’re looking for a stronger tea.
• Simply drain the water by putting a strainer over your cup and pouring the water into it.
• You can throw away the residue collected in the filter. Although many keep it for future use, it is usually best to use fresh powder every time.
Now that the tea is made, you can either enjoy the bitter taste or add some sweetness. According to your liking, add sugar, honey, cinnamon, or stevia to the tea.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS