Eastern Florida State Now Accepting Applications for Student Housing Set to Open in August
By Eastern Florida State Information Center // April 24, 2020
online application process opens at 10 a.m. April 28
BREVARD COUNTY • MELBOURNE, FLORIDA – Eastern Florida State College will soon begin accepting student applications to live in its new student housing facility on the Melbourne Campus, which is scheduled to open in August.
The online application process opens at 10 a.m. on April 28.
Plans for occupancy are moving ahead amid the COVID-19 pandemic and are subject to change depending on guidance from the CDC and possible stay-at-home orders from state officials that may be required.
The 96-bed facility is divided into suites that each contain four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and a living room.
The cost is $9,000 for one full academic year, which includes the major Spring and Fall terms and Summer term.
If paid in full by July 20, a resident would receive a $500 discount.
Student Housing Amenities Building
This artist rendering shows the student housing amenities building that will include a laundry facility, recreational space and private study rooms.
This smaller building is adjacent to the 96-bed housing facility shown in the artist rendering at the top of the page.
OTHER INFORMATION TO KNOW:
• Students must be registered for at least 12 full-credit hours to be eligible to move-in.
• A $150 application fee is required and must be paid within 14 days of submitting the online form. The fee will be refunded if housing space is not available, or if occupancy is postponed because of COVID-19.
• Space is limited. Applications with paid application fees will be processed in the order in which they were received.
• Amenities include Internet access, cable TV, laundry facility, study and recreational rooms and parking.
• Final costs are subject to board approval.
For more information and to fill out an application form, visit easternflorida.edu/go/housing
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS