Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs
By Space Coast Daily // April 18, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida Hasselbeck potatoes with garlic and herbs.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida Hasselbeck potatoes with garlic and herbs.
- 4 medium to large size Florida potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Scrub and rinse the potatoes to remove any debris.
- Slice a thin strip of the potato off the bottom of each potato to create a flat surface for the potato to rest on (reserve cut piece for later step).
- Make cuts about 1/8 of an inch apart across the width of the entire potato making sure not to cut completely through. Repeat this process with each potato.
- Place each potato on the baking sheet sliced side up. Place the reserved slice of potato under the whole potato creating a slight arch; this will allow the potato to spread apart slightly allowing for maximum flavor.
- In a small mixing bowl combine olive oil, chopped herbs, and garlic; mix to combine and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Use half of the herb-garlic mixture to season between the potato slices, making sure that each slice is coated. Lightly season the top of each potato with salt and pepper.
- Bake potatoes for 45 minutes to one hour or until crispy outside and completely cooked inside. Remove potatoes from oven and evenly top each potato with the reserved herb mixture. Serve warm.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS