HEALTH FIRST: Current COVID-19 Models Project Surge of Cases in Brevard to Occur Over Next Three Weeks
By Space Coast Daily // April 15, 2020
Health First has prepared for the surge and stands ready to provide care to patients with COVID-19
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – As our world continues to confront the threat of COVID-19, current models project the surge of cases here in Brevard County to occur over the next three weeks.
Health First has prepared for the surge and stands ready to provide care to patients with COVID-19.
• Health First has 430 positive pressure devices, which includes single-use resuscitation devices and over 200 ventilators that can be used if needed for patients with respiratory illnesses.
• Health First converted 208 regular hospital rooms to dedicated negative pressure rooms, which can be dedicated to treat those with respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19. These additional resources allow Health First to have over 250 specialized beds to serve our community during this crisis.
• Health First increased the supply of necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and continues to receive supplies daily.
• Health First maintains triage tents at all four of its hospitals. These tents are used to triage those persons who present with respiratory illness symptoms. Triage tents will keep potential COVID-19- positive patients from other patients who are not exhibiting such symptoms.
• Health First has more than 280 Virtual Visit doctors, averaging over 1,000 patient visits per day.
• Health First Health Plans waived all copays and cost shares for its members for all Virtual Visits.
• Health First launched a no-cost and easy-to-use online COVID-19 Symptom Checker that helps individuals determine if they should seek additional medical support.
• Health First created a COVID-19 Stress Support Hotline, a no-cost counseling service offered to the community to help during this stressful time.
• Health First provides childcare services without charge for their associates.
• Health First created a grocery pick-up program for associates to be able to get the essentials without having to
make a trip to the store on the way home.
• Health First offers voluntary no cost COVID-19 testing for qualifying associates.
Health First is proud to protect Brevard County. This is our home and you are our families, friends and neighbors. Our 9,000 associates are working the frontlines to keep families healthy and safe.
While these are difficult and unprecedented times, Brevard should be confident that, together, we are prepared to win this fight. We will beat this virus, and we are united – because We are Brevard.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS