Tips To Sell Your Home Fast Even After The Pandemic
By Space Coast Daily // April 30, 2020
Houses are hardly being put up for sale at this time since the COVID-19 pandemic is ravaging the world. However, it’s expected for many industries and businesses to make a big comeback after the pandemic is over.
This includes homeowners as well. To sell your home fast after the pandemic is over, you need to have the right information to help you get started. Here are some tips for how you can quicken the sale of your home after Covid-19:
• Be Convinced You Want To Sell
Many homeowners develop an inseparable emotional bond with their homes. Due to lockdown restrictions, the bond may be even stronger.
This is because you may be discovering new ways to enjoy your home more. However, if you plan to sell your home after the pandemic, it’s important to make the decision before the pandemic is over and emotionally prepare yourself.
To help prepare yourself mentally and emotionally to sell your home, consider the following:
- Imagine yourself living outside of your home and closing the door one last time.
- Remind yourself each week or each day, that you won’t be living there much longer.
- Start thinking about your new home more often – if you have pictures, it’s a good way to help you get excited about your new home.
Developing this mindset will help you when Covid-19 is over and the housing market booms again.
• Consider Selling To A Quick Home Buyer Company
Quick home buying companies such as Avante Home Buyers and Very Fast Home Buyers can save you a lot of time trying to sell your house fast after the pandemic. They will either buy your house directly or get a third party to buy it in a short timeframe.
This type of sale often happens at a considerably lower price than your valuation. However, the tradeoff on home value might pay off by saving you a lot of time and money in normal advertising and agent commission. The plus side is you get to sell your house as is without carrying out any major repairs or upgrades on it.
• Find The Best Agent For You
If you’re not selling to a quick home buying company, you need to find the right agent for the job. There’s a few signals to look for when finding the right agent.
• An Impressive Sales Record: An agent with a good track record of selling houses in a timely fashion has a higher likelihood of doing the same with your property.
• Knows The Neighborhood: Specific knowledge of what works in a neighborhood is something the right agent should have. Choose an agent who already has an established presence in the neighbourhood.
• Has Expert Advice to Offer: Experience is always good in any industry. This will allow the agent to guide you based on some of their previous endeavors in selling homes. Home valuation, staging techniques and ideas on how to better sell your home are some of the things a great agent could offer.
Increase Your Curb Appeal
Increasing your home’s curb appeal is only a broader statement that signifies making your home look more attractive on the outside. Curb appeal is the primary factor in the decision making of homebuyers.
Boosting your curb appeal involves:
• General exterior cleaning
• General repairs
• Mowing the lawn.
These are simple, yet effective changes you can make while in lockdown. If there are other aspects you can’t do by yourself, then you can hire a professional after the pandemic to get them done for you. After you’ve completed your changes, look at your home from a distance to see what the buyers will see on arrival.
• Stage Your Home
Home staging is a crucial step for a faster sale. It’s the process by which you set up your home as a perfectly livable space.
This important step often helps buyers imagine themselves in the home space better. It’s advisable to stage your home before the listing pictures are taken to convey the right image.
Professional home staging services are excellent, but you can also carry this out by yourself if you’re on a budget. The process is quite simple: depersonalize the important spaces around the home, clean them out, and set them up as a functional space.
• Price It Right And Throw In Some Perks
You won’t find many people trying to buy an overpriced property, especially after a pandemic. Thus, it would be imperative to get the price of your property right before putting it on the market. To do this, homeowners can get the advice of their real estate agent and get some market forecasts to guide their thoughts.
To help sweeten the deal, think about perks new home buyers might like to entice them to view your property. It also helps to convey your readiness to sell and distinguishes your property from others on sale within the same neighborhood. It could be as simple as overriding the closing costs of buying the property or offering a discount on them.
It’s difficult to make bold statements about shifts in the real estate market once the pandemic is over. However, making up your mind first that you want to sell will help in selling your home faster.
All factors considered, it’s ideal to weigh up the pros and cons of choosing between selling to a quick home buying company, or through an agent.
Increasing your curb appeal, staging your home, and pricing it right without going overboard will prove useful as well. Are you ready to prepare and sell your home after this pandemic?
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS