WATCH: Canaveral Port Authority Board of Commissioners Holds Meeting on Wednesday
By Space Coast Daily // April 22, 2020
SPACE COAST DAILY TV SPECIAL PRESENTATION
WATCH REPLAY: The Canaveral Port Authority held a virtual commission meeting on Wednesday, April 22. Due to the COVID-19 State of Emergency and CDC social distancing guidelines, the general public is not permitted into the Commission Room during this hearing.
BREVARD COUNTY • PORT CANAVERAL, FLORIDA – The Canaveral Port Authority held a virtual commission meeting on Wednesday, April 22.
Public Comment for Virtual Meeting
Due to the COVID-19 State of Emergency and CDC social distancing guidelines, the general public is not permitted into the Commission Room during this hearing.
However, public participation and input is still encouraged.
If you would like to speak before the Canaveral Port Authority Board of Commissioners during Public Comments on a topic relevant to the Canaveral Port Authority Commission Agenda, the following methods have been established for this meeting.
All persons speaking will follow conduct as set forth by Canaveral Port Authority Policy POL-2016-001-EXE-3, Public Participation and Conduct at Board Meetings.
1. WRITTEN COMMENT. Written comments may be e-mailed to PublicComment@portcanaveral.com. E-mails must be received by 5:00 P.M. on April 21, 2020. E-mails will be read into the record.
2. VOICEMAIL. Voicemail messages may be made by calling (321) 783-7831 ext. 160. Each
voicemail must be received by 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, April 21, 2020. Voicemails will be
played during Public Comment.
3. IN-PERSON COMMENT. A microphone is available in the Maritime Center lobby. Social distancing guidelines must be followed which may require you to wait outside the Maritime Center until called. When directed, please proceed to the microphone and state your name, business affiliation, and city of residency for the recording secretary. Please note that the availability of this method may be subject to change.
4. Comments made via e-mail, voicemail message, or in person will be limited to THREE MINUTES.
5. If providing written comments via e-mail or voicemail, please be sure to include your name,
business affiliation, and city of residence at the beginning of your message. 1
Canaveral Port Authority Board of Commissioners Meeting – April 22, 2020
6.Do not make threats or rude comments, including the use of profanity, to or about
members of the Board or Canaveral Port Authority employees.
7. All statements are to be directed to the Commission Chairman. You may not address or
question Board members or Port Staff individually unless directed by the Chairman.
8. Be respectful of other people’s ideas and situation when you talk. Try not to judge them or
9. Be patient when listening to others speak and do not interrupt them.
No Board action will be taken on requests during Public Comments unless determined by the
Commission Chairman to be an emergency. Any other requests for Board action may be
placed on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS