Fresh From Florida Recipe: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Peanut and Chocolate Cupcakes
By Space Coast Daily // May 9, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe for Florida Peanut and Chocolate Cupcakes.
- 1 ½ cups Florida peanuts, toasted, salted & coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 chocolate cake mix, store bought or homemade
- Chocolate frosting, store bought or homemade
- Coarsely chop the peanuts and set aside. Prepare cupcake batter using box mix instructions, and fold in half of the chopped peanuts.
- Once the batter is prepared, place cupcake liners in the cupcake pan and fill ¾ full. Bake according to cupcake batter instructions and set aside to cool completely.
- Place chocolate pieces in an oven-safe glass bowl. Set the bowl atop a small sauce pot with a ½ cup of simmering water, to create a double boiler.
- Stir continuously until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Carefully remove the bowl from the heat, (caution: it will be hot).
- Frost the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle the remaining chopped peanuts on top. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and serve.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS